It's been while since we have made an entry, so let me catch you up to the last week or so. Things have been fairly uneventful here. I am recuperating nicely and had a follow-up appointment with the surgeon. Much to my surprise, I have to take one more week than I thought. The more I think about that, the better it is. We have all really enjoyed track out and were very sad on Sunday (the last day). Emily spent a couple of days in her pj's and loved it. The boys enjoyed just doing their own thing and staying up late.
Sunday was a nice quiet day. Tanner and Carson spent the day at the Schneiders' and had a blast, as they always do. Jay picked them up from there and they all went on to baseball practice. Even though Tanner is the only one actually playing they all enjoy it. Carson gets to play in the park with Titus, hit the occasional ball and run the occasional base. Jay has fun because he is finally getting to help coach one of the kids' teams. He has always wanted to but it never worked with our schedule. Now, everyone is happy!
Monday, Big News!!! Back to school, of course, but that's not the news. Tanner tried a dance class at Dancenergy with Ms. Karley and he had a blast! He was especially excited when we told him that sometimes professional athletes take dance classes. He is now enrolled in Jazz class every Monday. The time stinks, but as long as he likes it, we're happy. Jay took Emily and all the kids to Cheer practice too. Of course, because they all have to be doused with bug spray, that meant a bedtime bath. Arghhhhh!!!! Just when mom and dad are ready for some quiet time.
Tuesday, Jay went back to work for the first time in a long time (24 days). If that isn't just wrong, I don't know what is. I stayed home without him for the first time since my surgery. That Mama is staying with us this week to help me out with the poo-flinging monkey. He is just too much to chase. On that note, guess what...He figured out how to get both diapers off and twice this week he has had mid-afternoon baths. On Tuesday night, we wrapped his diaper up like a little package...with PACKING TAPE! It worked, but only for now. He will outsmart us again I am sure. Tuesday night, I took Tanner to get fitted for Jazz shoes. He was a little nervous that they may be pink and was very relieved when I told him they were going to be black. Whew! He is still very excited.
That's all that's been going on. Everyone and everything else is status quo. Talk to you later.

No comments:
Post a Comment